Welcome New Members!
Joining the Brush Area Chamber of Commerce is a good business decision.The Chamber is looking forward to a great new year. The time is right; the opportunity is yours.
Resources in Place
- Ideas and recommendations for existing and new businesses available now.
- Excellent Website
- Store front design assistance by "Main Street" architect.
- Brochure to promote façade matching grant.
- Brochure to promote shopping in Brush.
- Streetscape plan developed by NOLTE with input and guidance from local community.
- Historical survey of 51 buildings that are over 50 years old. (potential for grants from Historical Society).
- A local historical designation ordinance and review board. (properties must be designated historical site to receive most grants)
- Brush Area Chamber of Commerce foundation with 501(c)3 IRS status.
- "Main Street" project has Enterprise Zone designation (donation tax credits).
- Over 160 Chamber members.
- 11th Annual Ag Appreciation Banquet.
- 5th Annual Prairie Biker Rally.
- 31st Annual Oktoberfest, including Car Show, Dog Show and Polka Dance.
- Sold over $27,000 worth of Brush Bucks. (turn over 5-7 times before leaving community)
- $2,500 matching grants for façade improvements, 7 grants awarded in 2010, 4 in 2011 and 3 in 2012.
- Chamber partners with City to form a downtown improvements steering committee to spearhead the Streetscape project.
- Engineering plan was completed in 2009 - drainage solution, streetscape design and new streets are part of the project, first phase streetscape of 300 and 400 blocks of Edison were completed in 2010. 100 block of Clayton was completed in 2011. 200 and 300 blocks of Clayton were completed in 2012.
- Tourism promotions: (250+) Family Campers & RV’ers, provide promotional literature to State Tourism Centers, host approximately 12 State Tourism Center volunteers in Brush yearly and points of interest in Northeastern Colorado Travel Guide.
- 2 Business Planning Seminars in 2012.
- Brush area comprehensive business marketing study is available at Chamber office.
- Mailed out 50 informational packets.
- Spirit of Brush Awards to promote business and residential improvements projects.
2013 Chamber "Main Street" Goals
- Assist and encourage marketing of businesses
- Develop a business assistance/coaching team availabe by request
- Chamber, City and MCED continue to work together to improve Brush!
- Develop a long term vision for Brush
- Save Our Sands!
- Partner with schools and school kids to assist schools and to develop and improve business in Brush
- Evaluate Chamber member benefits from activities and consolidate or delete if feasible
- Expand Chamber by inviting new members
New members in 2013:
The Bling and Me